The new iconic 26-story PwC headquarters building is being developed in Waterfall City.
PwC HQ Tower fast facts
- Owned by Attacq and developed by Atterbury the PwC building is set to be an iconic-storey building, this will be the first high-rise within the booming precinct.
- The new R1.5 billion high-rise head office for PwC at Waterfall City comprises 40,000sqm of modern offices, designed to house 3,500 PwC employees in an efficient and optimally designed workplace.
- The new PwC Tower is being developed in a prime location overlooking the Waterfall City Park and Mall of Africa, both set to open in 2016.
- Earthworks for the new PwC Tower has already commenced and construction will begin in the first quarter of 2015. The project is expected to take 36 months and scheduled for completion early in 2018.
- The PwC Tower is designed by LYT Architecture and will be constructed in phases due to the unique twist design of the structure. It gently twists through in its height to frame the grand urban park, which forms the green heart of Waterfall City.
- The PwC HQ building is designed to conform to the internationally recognised LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver standard. LEED is a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings, homes and neighborhoods.
- Guy Steenekamp, a director at LYT Architecture explains: “The brief for the PwC Tower at Waterfall City called for an iconic building form that would be unique to the development and which would mark the property as a new top tier destination for business.”
- The height of the new PwC Tower and the fact that it is situated on a high point in Waterfall City will make it the tallest structure on the corridor between the Sandton and Pretoria/Tshwane CBDs. The PwC Tower will be visible from almost anywhere within a 30km radius.
Latitude: 26° 1.043’S
Longitude: 28° 6.392’E
Open this page in your smartphone’s browser and then click on “(directions to our address)”. This will open Google maps, so you can navigate to this marker.